Assistant Food & Beverage Manager – UNO Lakefront Arena
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is a specialized supervisory position of the Food & Beverage department at the UNO Lakefront Arena and will assist in all aspects of Food & Beverage operations. The position is responsible for supervising and coordinating the operations and maintenance of concessions, food, and beverage handling outlets in the Arena. Duties include providing technical direction of Food & Beverage operations, concessions, food, and beverage storage and preparation, booking and working events, ordering, receiving and maintaining inventory control, supervising and scheduling Food & Beverage personnel and other related activities as assigned with a focus on administrative, guest relations, and accounting functions. Duties are frequently performed nights, weekends, and holidays at widely varying hours and require an individual to be very mobile and able to stand for lengthy periods of time. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Food & Beverage Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Maintains a continuing inventory of food, beverage, and all concession materials as specified by the Food & Beverage Manager.
* Maintains records for related Food & Beverage accounts and activity.
* Assists in determining stock items and establishing appropriate stock levels.
* Receives, receipts, and places in proper locations all Food & Beverage orders and all material supplies required in the operation of concessions and Food & Beverage handling outlets.
* Loads and unloads materials by use of forklift.
* Maintains inventory control of all Food & Beverage supplies and equipment which includes taking daily/monthly inventory and maintaining daily/monthly logs and records of all Food & Beverage supplies and equipment.
* Develops and maintains a preventive maintenance program for Food & Beverage service areas and equipment. Performs inspections and repairs on a regular basis or arranges for the repairs of Food & Beverage concession, production, and handling equipment. This includes all refrigerators, fryers, ovens, and smaller equipment in all areas.
* Inspects and evaluates concession and Food & Beverage operations; makes recommendations for modifications and improvements to the Arena management.
* Responsible for security and maintenance of all Food & Beverage storage rooms and supply areas designated for food, beverages, supplies, and the department.
* Responsible for security of Food & Beverage offices and outlets, concession stands, coolers and freezers, warehouse, and Spotlights at the close of day and at the end of all events.
* Schedules and supervises part-time/intermittent Food & Beverage event personnel.
* Schedules custodial and labor personnel assigned for the purposes of renovation, cleaning, and maintenance of concession and Food & Beverage areas.
* Manages scheduling with contracted temp agencies when staff is not covered for event needs.
* Manages and affirms bartenders are current with their Food and Safety Certification as required as a member of the Louisiana Responsible Vendors Association.
* Actively assists in booking and managing on site for private events in Spotlights to ensure a full calendar of event revenue.
* Actively monitors all portion control in all concession and Food & Beverage outlets.
* Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with all vendors and assists in pursuing all beneficial sponsorship opportunities.
* Constantly works with vendors to obtain the highest quality product for the most budget friendly pricing.
* Consistently works toward reducing and controlling the cost of concession, food, and beverage items.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism, business administration, or related field. Managerial and/or previous experience may be a considered substitution on year for year basis.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A progressive work record with a background in handling and accounting of sales revenue as well as a significant knowledge of computer applications which include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and the POS system. Experience in using, updating, and maintaining a point of sale terminal and menu board system is highly preferred. Must have the ability to communicate well both written and orally. Exhibit the aptitude to exercise considerable independent judgement, initiative and tact in handling personnel and sensitive public relations issues. Ability to be extremely mobile and in the standing position for extended periods of time. Ability to provide a positive and professional attitude daily that will not diminish as a result of the commitment to working long, irregular hours – including nights, weekends and holidays – as dictated by event schedules; and working calmly and efficiently under pressure, meeting urgent deadlines, all without allowing distractions to minimize accurate attention to detail. The ability to forecast issues, multi-task, prioritize, organize, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, be self-driven and understanding, adapting to the minute and ever-changing public demands and technical requirements of computer systems and programs being utilized is critical to this position. Must have experience in consistently reducing cost control and monitoring portion control. Ability to bring new ideas and menu items to the Food & Beverage department. Must have a valid Louisiana driver’s license to operate state vehicles, and willingness to obtain ServSafe certification, manager’s permit, responsible vendors permit, and be trained or become trained as a forklift operator.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) current references to:
Food and Beverage Manager
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager Search
Kiefer UNO Lakefront Arena
University of New Orleans
6801 Franklin Avenue
New Orleans LA 70122 Email to email@example.com
Or fax to 504-280-7178
CLOSING DATE: Position will remain open until filled. To assure full consideration, applications should be received by August 24, 2018.