Director of Concessions at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH
COMPANY: Delaware North
POSITION: Director of Concessions
Our Exciting Work Environment
This position is located at Nationwide Arena, located in Columbus, Ohio, home to the NHL Columbus Blue Jackets and AFL Columbus Destroyers. Columbus Sportservice is the premiere food & beverage, and retail provider for this 18,500 seating facility and hosts premier events such as NCAA Tournaments, major concerts, motocross and trade shows. Please visit www.nationwidearena.com to learn more.
Do you have experience managing concessions in a professional football, convention center or arena Would you be interested in managing our operation If this sounds like you then this may be the opportunity you have been looking for!!
The role will be responsible for overseeing all concessions operations. This role will contribute to the growth and profitability of the business, while maintaining a strong working relationship with the client and guests by ensuring efficient, quality service and products.
• Oversee management personnel including developing, promoting, corrective counseling, mentoring, evaluating performance, and providing positive feedback to improve overall performance.
• Maintains existing programs and develop new creative concepts that ensure the highest possible quality of food service.
• Oversee prices and portions for products and services within approved profit plan guidelines.
• Provide and administer, within corporate policy, an effective system for cash, inventory, payroll and yield control. Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
• Ensure proper repair and maintenance of food service equipment; initiate capital budget to replace, remodel equipment and facilities.
• Directly accountable for budget and profitability of departments with General Manager. Develops financial objectives consistent with Company objectives.
We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 5 years management experience in a concessions environment, preferably in a sports and entertainment venue of significant size and scope as well as prior foodservice operations experience. Familiarity with standard food and beverage equipment, inventory, cost control, and purchasing. Strong leadership skills are a must. Excellent client relationship management skills. Strong financial acumen; analytical and detail oriented. Familiar with POS and inventory software
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.