Director of Food & Beverage – Durham Bulls Baseball Club
POSITION: Baseball Director of Food & Beverage
JOB NUMBER: 1098
COMPANY: Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Durham Bulls Baseball Club – Concessions
Seeking person to be responsible for the overall food service operation, including all concessions and catering. This individual will oversee Concessions Manager and Hospitality & Catering Manager. Duties include –
• Develop accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with Company objectives.
• Manage capital investments in food service equipment.
• Develop new menus for the concessions and catering that incorporate ballpark classic with local favorites.
• Creates and develops menus, beverage lists and prices, and is responsible for the selection of product, linens, uniforms, and décor used within the property’s concession and catering areas.
• Responsible for purchasing products to fill requests; ensure accurate quantities of food and beverages are ordered as specified by the menu created.
• Monitor activities of employees to achieve set objectives; ensure adequate function staffing.
• Investigate food quality and service complaints.
• Confer with customers and other personnel to determine menus and follow through with details concerning concessions and catering events.
• Maximize sales potential through aggressive marketing of the outlets.
• Establish and meet department budgets, monitor food and labor costs on a daily basis, establish vendor relationships, maintaining proper inventory levels, and ensuring the cleanliness of all food venues.
• Ensure all company programs and specifications are implemented.
A minimum of five years management experience in multi-unit food and beverage operations is required; previous stadium/arena related experience of similar size or larger venue and scope preferred. Must have experience with operational financial management accountability and budgeting; upscale/fine dining and special event catering experience required. Must have excellent communication, and supervisory skills with the ability to analyze data and make decisions. This position requires standing for long periods of time and the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more. Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Restaurant, Food Service management or related field is preferred. All candidates must apply online at http://www.capitolbroadcasting.com/careers/. EOE M/F All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
It is the policy of the company to be fair and impartial in all relations with employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, age, sex, military status, national origin, physical/mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law.