Assistant Food and Beverage Director – Fox Theatre, Atlanta Ga.
The Fox Theatre in Atlanta is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Assistant Food and Beverage Director.
Department: Food and Beverage
Days/Hours: Variable Schedule including daytime, evening, weekend, and holidays hours as needed
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
The duties of this position include assisting the Director of Food and Beverage in all aspects of the daily operations of the department; supervision, performance development, and counseling of personnel during all aspects of theatre and ballroom events; and ensuring that food and beverage needs are met for all guests.
The daily operations of Food and Beverage includes issuing and balancing funds, ensuring proper entry and payment of staff gratuities, ensuring POS touch screens and technology are functioning properly, Food and Beverage purchasing, staff scheduling and payroll, and overseeing catering beverage operations and show merchandise.
· Assist with the management of day-to-day operations of the department
· Manage food and beverage service during theatre and ballroom events
· Supervise staff during setup, service, and breakdown of theatre and ballroom events
· Ensure POS system and other technologies are functioning properly, including troubleshooting issues with Bypass help desk
· Schedule Food and Beverage staff for theatre and ballroom events
· Review and approve payroll entries for staff, including tips and gratuities as needed
· Hire, train, and counsel department staff as needed
· Issue and balance funds, troubleshooting money counting and deposit machines, and oversee Count Room operations
· Provide feedback and suggestions to the Director of Food And Beverage regarding operational efficiency, retail strategies, product offerings, and ideas to increase profitability of the department
· Work as a team with all Fox Theatre staff in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service
· Other duties as directed
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
· Undergraduate degree in field related to position preferred; experience in comparable position may be considered in lieu of degree
· Minimum 2 years of experience in comparable position with high volume beverage experience required
· Must have demonstrated knowledge of concession management
· Must have knowledge of beer, wine, spirits, and concession items
· Must have experience in point of sale software, inventory management, catering, and office management
· Must be able to demonstrate good judgment while fielding complaints and resolving problems
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must have knowledge of accounting policies and procedures
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel
· Must have the ability to multi-task, plan, and prioritize workload
· Must have knowledge of workplace safety procedures
Essential Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to Remain stationary for long periods of time
· Must be able to frequently traverse theatre and ballrooms, including moving between multiple floors
· Periods of reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, stooping, and wiping
· Be Able to lift up to 35 lbs.
· Must be able to work variable shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
· Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and background check
· Must have current TIPS certification or be able to acquire TIPS certification within 30 calendar days of employment
Full-Time Benefits Package Includes:
· Eligibility to participate in Group Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance Plans
· Employer Provided Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Group Term Life, and AD&D Insurance
· Eligibility to participate in Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Eligibility to participate in 403(b) Retirement Plan, including Employer Match Program
· Paid Time Off including Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
The historic Fox Theatre is one of Atlanta’s premiere venues for live entertainment. The Fox’s 4,665 seat theatre is booked more than 200 performances a year ranging from Broadway to rock to comedy to movies. Private events such as weddings, receptions, corporate events, proms and other gatherings are hosted in the Grand Salon and Egyptian Ballroom. The Fox is located on Peachtree Street in the middle of the city and is on the National Historic Register. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization, the Fox Theatre stands today as a fiercely protected landmark and a nationally acclaimed theatre.
The Fox prides itself in being much more than just a historic theatre. The Fox is a memory maker! The members of our staff are held to the highest Guest Service Standards. Seeing a smile on the face of every guest and knowing that you are taking part in the making of a memory that will last forever is just one of the many perks of working at the Fox.
Whether on the front lines or behind the scenes, every single member of our staff plays a vital role in the memory-making experience we call “The Fox Experience”. “The Fox Experience” doesn’t stop at the doors of the Fox. The Fox Theatre Institute is a dynamic outreach program offering historic preservation and operations expertise, consultation and education to performing arts venues in Georgia and the region. The Fox Theatre Institute also provides memory-making educational experiences to students through initiatives such as Fox in a Box.
Fox Theatre, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fox Theatre complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Fox Theatre expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The Fox Theatre is located at 660 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308.