General Manager 5, University of Illinois – Champaign, Sodexo
POSITION: General Manager 5 (Concessions & Premium Services)
JOB NUMBER: #2016-51236
ACCOUNT NAME: University of Illinois – Champaign
ACCOUNT LOCATION: Champaign, IL
Sodexo is seeking an experienced General Manager 5 for our Universities Sports & Leisure operations at the University of Illinois-Champaign in Champaign, IL. The General Manager will be responsible for creating an atmosphere that assists in enticing patrons and their families to come for the scheduled events and enjoy the activities. GM will support and direct a multi-level T.O. with one or more primary reports. Unit also utilizes NPO groups or service organizations as part of its service staff. The GM will oversee athletic training tables, the football stadium (Memorial Stadium – seats 60K), a multi-purpose arena (State Farm Arena – seats 16K), as well as all other athletic venues on campus.
Ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
· College/University Sports & Leisure Concessions experience;
· EXTENSIVE experience with Premium Services;
· Strong financial skills and overall food service management experience at large venues;
· Prior experience with re-build and construction project management;
· Strategic/critical thinking skills;
· Demonstrated ability to provide leadership strength/depth to a diverse management and hourly staff team as well as providing direction for selection, training, guidance, development and supervision;
· Extensive fiscal management experience, including developing and managing budgets within company/client targets, fiscal analysis, utilization of data to make effective business decisions, and proven ability to deliver on growth strategies;
· Strong guest/customer focus, with demonstrated success in developing a team that is customer oriented;
. Highly developed organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities, meet deadlines and pro-actively address account needs.
SODEXO POSITION SUMMARY:
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree
Basic Management Experience – 3 years
Basic Functional Experience – 4 years
Sodexo will require a background check and may require a drug screen for this position.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer
All Candidates MUST post online via the Sodexo Career Center at: