Sous Chef -Durham Bulls Athletic Park- Durham, NC
Position: Sous Chef
Req Number: 1497
Department/Division: Bull City Hospitality/DBBC
Come be part of the team at Durham Bulls Athletic Park in Durham, NC – home of the Durham Bulls a Triple A affiliate of the Tampa Rays.
As a Sous Chef with The Durham Bulls, it will be your primary responsibility to execute cuisine that exceeds guest expectations and provide strong leadership while delivering cost goals and living our Company vision and values.
· Ensures all catering services exceed guest expectations and profitability
· Executes menus in accordance to brand standards
· Maintains recipes to meet core standards
· Has location specific food and wine knowledge
· Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
· Regularly obtains feedback from clients and guests to improve operations
· Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
· Communicates client’s needs through timely and detailed written and verbal communications to ensure internal understanding / compliance and external guest’s expectation of services
· Supports and communicates Company initiatives
· Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, guests, subcontractors, not-for-profits and team members
· Has strong attention to detail
· Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable systems.
· Practices proper product control and handling of all inventory and equipment
· Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
· Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved
· Employs good safety and sanitation practices
· Forecasts and adequately schedules team members to meet operational needs and desired targets
· Provides operational planning to ensure adequate products and equipment are ordered for anticipated business levels
· Ensures team members adhere to Company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and employee handbook
· Displays a positive attitude towards team members
· Interviews, hires, trains and develops team members according to guidelines
· Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
· Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team
· Assists fellow team members when necessary
Required Experience/Job Requirements
· Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English
· English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
· Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
· Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week
· Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
· Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts on nights, weekends, and holidays
· Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
· Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
· Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system.
· Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone correspondence
All candidates must apply online.
EOE M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
It is the policy of the company to be fair and impartial in all relations with employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, age, sex, military status, national origin, physical/mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law.