Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, Concessions – City of Asheville
The City of Asheville is seeking a full-time Assistant Food & Beverage Manager – Concessions to join the U.S. Cellular Center team. The purpose of this position is to provide quality leadership of concessions operation by performing quality work, in preparation for, during and close out of events held at the US Cellular Center. Incumbent is expected to perform duties on the ‘floor,’ administrative duties and supervisory working in overseeing operations of the U.S. Cellular Center food & beverage services, specifically concentrating in concessions. Assists the Food and Beverage Manager with all functions of concession & catering operations.
Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications for this position with a hiring range of $17.25-$20.70; 37.5 hours per week.
Hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm with required evenings and weekend hours
Application review will begin November 9, 2015 with the position open until filled.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises part-time concessions supervisors, runners, banquet servers and stand staffs. Recruits, trains and supervises volunteer groups.
• Ensures operations are performed in accordance with federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
• Oversees equipment inventory and maintenance. Opens and closes concession stands, bars and portable sale location on event dates.
• Works with Health Department for inspections.
• Prepares and maintains par-level inventory of food, beverages and supplies.
• Oversees merchandise sales for events, collects monies, prepares and delivers bank deposits, prepares invoices for payment and reconciles checking account. Oversees proper cash handling procedures.
• Inputs sales and reconciles Point of Sale unit funds to inventory controls.
• Prepares information for digital menu board updates. and updates manual and digital menu boards as necessary.
• Performs other similar duties as required.
• Associate’s degree in hospitality, food services or a related field, with one (1) to three (3) years of food service or hospitality experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing and Certifications (preferred; will complete upon hiring if do not already have certification):
• Tips/Alcohol Training
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
• Occasional outside work or exposure to unpleasant conditions and/or hazards
• Occasional physical effort is required.
• Occasional work in noisy and low light environments (Concerts & special events)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Advanced knowledge of procedures and practices to analyze and resolve unusual or difficult
• Ability to read and understand basic workplace data, such as simple forms, tables, graphs, schedules, etc.
• Ability to conduct research of existing, internal policies and procedures
• Ability to compile data into a formal report or recommendation shared with others and often verbally presented.
• Ability to think creatively in all areas for the purpose of increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written form.
• Ability to research program documents and narrative materials, and develop reports from information gathered.
• Ability to analyze situations to pinpoint problems and assist with solving problems or identifying sources of obstacles.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships as required by work assignments.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and to apply this understanding to tasks.
• Ability to bring resources together to resolve a problem or provide a solution.
Final Applicants are subject to Pre-employment Drug Screening and Background Check.
The City of Asheville is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate in employment or the provision of services on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, or
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
PO Box 7148
Asheville, NC 28802
828-259-5690 – Apply Online! – EOE
ASSISTANT FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER – CONCESSIONS
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager – Concessions Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you have at least an associate’s degree in hospitality, food services or a related field? If yes, please describe.
* 2. Do you have at least one year of food service or hospitality experience? If yes, please describe.
* 3. Do you have ServSafe certification or Tips/Alcohol Training? (note: preferred; will complete upon hiring if needed).
* Required Question