Assistant Concessions Manager – Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority
Job Title: Assistant Concessions Manager
Department/Location: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Concession Manager
Who We Are
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority will leverage our hospitality marketing and management expertise to maximize the impact of the Charlotte Region’s economy…creating opportunities and jobs for our community.
The Assistant Concession Manager is responsible for assisting in the management of all concession operations for Convention Center and NHOF.
Essential Job Duties
* Purchases food and beverage products, according to anticipated demand.
* Maintains optimum standards of sanitation and safety according to industry regulations.
* Directs storage, preparation, and serving of refreshments by other workers at concession stand or circulating throughout audience.
* Ensures proper amount of food is prepared for events using knowledge of attendance and historical data and inventory.
* Tabulates receipts and balances accounts.
* Accurately inventory Beer/Wine/Alcohol on a weekly basis meeting weekly deadlines
* Monitors accounts payable and receivable for Beer/Wine/Alcohol as well as food and beverage.
* Directs product and equipment relocation to meet demands when necessary.
* Provides Concessions Warehouse with detailed product and equipment relocation
* Coordinates concessions personnel schedule with Concessions Manager and F&B Coordinator.
* Coordinates Warehouse personnel schedule.
* Processes payroll records for Concession department.
* Assumes the role of Concession Manager in their absence.
* May perform other duties as required.
* Attends department meetings as required.
* Assists with certain events at Bojangles Coliseum / Ovens Auditorium.
Scope of Responsibility
* This job has limited budgetary responsibilities.
* This job will have periodic access to confidential data including financial statements, company records and/or minutes, customer quotes, and company plans, designs, and programs.
* Manages five subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of forty plus employees in the Food & Beverage Department. Is responsible for the overall coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* Language Ability: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Customer Service Ability:
Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs, treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. This individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite; Food Service equipment; and Two-way radio.
* The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 45 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* This job has some travel requirements between venues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested parties can apply through our website www.crva.com or send to email@example.com.