Assistant Director of FS – Concessions – Provider Contract Food Service (PCFS)
Position: Assistant Director of FS – Concessions
Company: Provider Contract Food Service (PCFS)
Location: Cal Baptist University Event Center (Riverside, CA)
Provider Contract Food Service (PCFS) specializes in providing exciting concepts, systems, food offerings and efficient well-trained staff, while addressing any challenges facing an organization with on-site food service capabilities.
We recruit, train, and develop candidates who enjoy people, will provide excellent service, and take genuine pride in their work. We aim to be the employer of choice where employees know they are always treated fairly with genuine concern. We are currently seeking an experienced and energetic Assistant Director of Food Service – Concessions who can successfully help to lead a dynamic staff in the University Food Service environment.
The Assistant Director of FS – Concessions is responsible for the effective management and execution of all campus concessions with specific focus on the Cal Baptist University Event Center. Operations to include event planning support, scheduling, menu marketing, food preparation and production, inventory, tender control, maintaining equipment and facilities in a “like new” condition, safety, guest service, client satisfaction, employee/client training and supervision, troubleshooting/critical thinking, opening/closing duties, 100% compliance to all regulations set by government authorities, PCFS, and the University.
The Assistant Director of FS-Concessions will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues. Must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any assigned event. A critical function of the Assistant Director of FS-Concessions will be to actively mentor, train and help management staff, supervisors, employees and client staff meet company quality standards, and to promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment. The Assistant Director of FS-Concessions will ensure that the part-time staff receives training, as well as coordinating and presenting the skills training program with PCFS campus recruitment office.
Essential Job Goals:
• Staff training and development focusing on proficient execution of tasks.
• Ensure department operates fiscally responsible and within the budgetary constraints.
• Ensure the PCFS Culture is maintained in accordance with a safe, productive, and positive work environment.
• Ensure approved resources are available for the staff to operate the department meeting the clients’ expectations.
• Execute policies and procedures to maintain standards of “Like New” for all facility and equipment under the food service contract.
• Maintain proper staffing and ensure succession planning throughout the department.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• A verifiable track record of successful food service operations.
• 5+ years of supervisory/management experience with an emphasis in any of the following food service categories: concessions, entertainment/sports venues, sports catering, airport facility, convention center, theme parks.
• Strengths with the following background: scheduling, food production, staff development, and event planning with a Christian focus.
The ideal candidate will also have a
• BA or BS with a major in Food Service, Hospitality, a business-related field or accounting.
• Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical aptitude.
• Preferred : Professional certifications and active membership in a professional organizations
To Apply send resume to:
Jessica Garduno, MBA, SHRM-SCP
Director of Human Resources
PREFERRED HOSPITALITY, INC.