Banquet Catering Chef – Berry Center
Title: Banquet Catering Chef – Berry Center
Building/Campus: Richard E. Berry Educational Support Center
Job Type: Food Service – Banquet and Catering Chef
1. Responsible for the coordination, planning and supervision of the production and presentation of food served at all banquet events in the facilities continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
2. Manage and participate in daily banquet culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of meals, supervision of food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability.
3. Visually inspect, select and use quality food and beverage products including, but not limited to, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and spices.
4. Analyze Banquet Event Orders to plan and coordinate the food and beverage portion of client functions with catering and/or Meetings and Conventions/Events.
5. Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, and sanitation standards.
6. Recruit, interview and train team members.
7. Assist in the creation and planning of menus.
8. Conduct inventories and order food and supplies from vendors.
9. Support the Berry Center with regular and reliable attendance.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Manager.
1. Associate’s degree in culinary arts or equivalent work experience required.
2. Minimum 3 yrs. hotel, high volume banquet or catering experience required.
3. Supervisory experience required.
4. Possess basic computer skills including MS Office and event scheduling software.
5. Ability to speak, read, and understand the English language.
6. Free of communicable diseases.
7. Physically able to perform the assigned duties. Frequently required to lift up to at least 60 lbs., bend, stoop, and reach above shoulder level. May be required to work in cold and refrigerated areas. Occasionally required to drive automatic equipment or vehicles, climb ladders, stairs, ramps and scaffolds.
8. Continuously required to work with machinery, walk and stand.
9. Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work well with others.
10. Willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights, early mornings, and holidays required depending on events scheduled.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional control under stress. Repetitive hand motions. Frequently work prolonged or irregular hours.
Computer and peripheral hardware, telephone
Additional Job Information
Additional $1.00 per hour flex pay will be added to salary.
All applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Deadline to apply:
December 16, 2014 or until filled
Katherine Autry, Asst. Dir. of Human Resources,
10300 Jones Road, Room 229
Houston, TX 77065