Baseball Hospitality & Catering Manager – Durham Bulls Athletic Park- Durham, NC
The Suites and Catering Manager prepares and executes the catering function for any events at the facility including suites and promotes and implements sales strategies for new and existing business. Coordinate and oversee all premium catered functions. May work directly with the customer in setting up and following through on all details of any suite or catering related event.
– Oversee the training of all Suite and Catering related personnel.
– Establish, implement, and hold accountable all staff to the standards for; proper table/counter set up and service, for suites and catering.
– Staff all areas as necessitated by Food and Beverage Director and Client.
– Work with Executive Chef in planning menus, and sometimes aid in the creation of specialty menus and theme functions.
– Communicate clearly and professionally with all suite and catering clients.
– Push the limits of creativity in all food and beverage presentations.
– Manage all inventory levels of small wares associated with service and display.
– Create, instruct and participate in function setups.
– Become proficient in use of the Catering platform in the Bypass system; for menus, pricing, customers set up and invoicing.
– Oversee all Premium Club and Deck areas on event days.
– Directly oversee Premium Supervisors.
– Arrange for the rental of small wares, tables, video, audio equipment, game equipment and linens as necessary.
– Coordinate all F&B activities for all Premium level events
– Conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage authority.
– Implement and enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
– Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
– Assist with Hiring and training staff members. Partner with Human Resources on any disciplinary concerns/action needed.
– Handle customer complaints regarding catered functions and take action as appropriate.
– Participate as necessary in public events that require no premium services.
– Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
– Minimum 2 years of progressive food and beverage experience in catering/banquet operations.
– Knowledge of personal computer, two-way radio, cellular phone, POS Systems and working knowledge of all food and beverage equipment.
– Maintain ServSafe certification.
– Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
– Must have the ability to express direction both written and oral to others.
– College degree in restaurant/hotel field or equivalent experience.
– Must possess an in depth knowledge of food and beverage procedures, control, and administration as well as a complete awareness and ability to perform all catering positions.
– Required to lift and carry items up to 35 pounds on a regular and routine basis.
– Must be able to work in extremes of cold to heat.
– Must be able to exert well-paced mobility to maneuver quickly among different areas of the facility.
– Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.