Concession and Retail Manager – University of Idaho
University of Idaho – Concession and Retail Manager
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.34 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Multi-Use Facilities, the Concession & Retail Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and supervising concession and retail operations for multiple facilities including but not limited to ASUI Kibbie Dome, ICCU Arena and UI Golf Course. This position is responsible for inventory control, quality control, staff management, ordering and managing supplies of both the Kibbie Dome & ICCU Arena. Additional responsibilities may include management of vending machines, settlement of 3rd party merchandise sales and development of other product offerings.
High school diploma or GED;
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, hospitality management, culinary arts, or another related field;
• 3 years’ experience in supervision or management of concessions, restaurant or similar facility serving food & drink for large events;
• Knowledge of pricing strategies and current marketing trends;
• Experience working in large multi-use facilities, arenas, stadiums, etc.;
• Possess excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills, strong orientation to customer service, and strong basic math skills to accurately count inventory and handle money;
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment to accomplish shared goals;
• Ability to interpret policies and procedures and independently resolve problems.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to work irregular hours and long shifts as needed to complete duties of the position;
• Ability to move continuously about and between concession and vending locations for extended periods of time;
• Ability to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move materials up to 35 pounds.
Posting Number: SP002695P
Posting Date: 01/15/2021
Closing Date: Open until filled, application received by January 31, 2021 will receive first consideration
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/postings/30636
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.