Director of University of Dayton (UD) Arena Concessions – The University of Dayton
The University of Dayton, Division of Athletics is accepting applications for the Director of University of Dayton (UD) Arena Concessions. This director will manage all aspects of UD Arena’s renovated and expanded concession and catering operations. This position reports to the Executive Director of the University of Dayton Arena. Duties include, but are not limited to, developing and implementing an annual product, preparation and sales plan, budget management, establishing operational procedures, and instituting general/preventive maintenance and inventory control programs. This customer-service oriented operation includes branded product lines that require successful incorporation into an array of products. The Director will also oversee all full time, part time and sub-contractor/volunteer staffing and work collaboratively with the athletics operations, marketing, sales and campus dining services staff. This is a full time, 12-month position with full benefits.
All University of Dayton Athletics employees are expected to comply with all laws, policies, rules and regulations governing the University, NCAA and the Atlantic 10 Conference.
· Bachelor degree in food related service field or a combination of education and five years management experience in large-scale food operations.
· Experience supervising, managing and organizing large groups is necessary.
· Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make immediate decisions independently.
· Must have a proven record of excellent customer service and communications skills and the ability to work with and serve a diverse group of people.
· Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as well as ability to travel.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, maintain a low risk driving record and be able to be insured by the university.
· Three years of experience in arena or stadium food service operations with supervisory experience.
· Experience in developing and implementing an annual product, preparation and sales plan.
· Experienced in Catering.
· Knowledge of current local and national food safety and alcohol service policies.
Applications may be submitted through September 11, 2019 at http://employment.udayton.edu. Job #497444
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
CONTACT: Human Resources, 937-229-2541