Food & Beverage Manager – Santa Monica Amusements, LLC
JOB TITLE: Food & Beverage Manager
DIVISION: Food & Beverage
SCHEDULE: Flex, Weekday and Weekends
DEPARTMENTS: Food & Beverage
Date Created: 10/30/2015
Pacific Park is seeking a motivated, organized and efficient Food & Beverage Manager. The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for all aspects of the food and beverage operations, to include a multiple-concept food court that includes permanent stands and portable carts and kiosks.
The Food and Beverage Manager will assist in developing, communicating and implementing seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive sales revenue and meet or exceed the unit’s overall financial goals. He or she will maximize sales by ensuring that guests receive an exceptional overall experience and that service expectations are met or exceeded within all unit outlets.
PACIFIC PARK OVERVIEW:
Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier is LA’s only admission free amusement park that offers 12 amusement rides, 17 midway games, an oceanfront food plaza and dynamic retail experiences. The ever-popular Park and iconic Pier enjoy more than 7 million visitors annually. In addition to the Pacific Wheel, the world’s only solar-powered Ferris wheel, Pacific Park’s signature rides include The West Coaster, a steel roller coaster that races 55 feet above the Santa Monica Bay. The Park is operated by more than 500 team members, which includes full-time and seasonal positions featuring a highly diverse, dynamic and passionate team.
This position reports directly to the Food & Beverage Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maximize the park’s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to concessions operations.
• Provide leadership and direction to Supervisors, Leads and front line staff.
• Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer transactions are adhered to.
• Contribute to the Park’s goal of being the best amusement park in the world through personal commitment and leading by example.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
•A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
• Venue concessions experience and/or multi-site experience strongly preferred, as this position will have responsibility over multiple locations including coffee shops, confection stores, cafes and other similar locations.
• Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
• Demonstrated financial acumen and P&L accountability experience is highly desirable.
• Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
• Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
•Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
LOCATION AND WORK ENVIORMENT:
• This position is located on the Santa Monica Pier.
• Year-round weekend and holiday work is required.
• This is a Full-time position
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Interested applicants can send their Resume, Cover Letter, and Salary History to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.