Manager II – Concessions, Montana State University
Manages all concessions and sub-contracted food sales at USU athletic events, concerts, and any other event in USU Athletics’ facilities. Serves as main liaison between Dining Services and the Athletics Department regarding all things Concessions related. Develops Budgets and Capital Expenditure plans. Controls and directs all food ordering, preparation, and service for up to 25,000 customers at an event. Ensures proper event staffing by hiring and scheduling staff, as well as contracting with non-profit organizations to provide additional staffing on game days (up to 90 volunteers at once). Schedules and oversees use of Dining Services’ food trailer. Promotes and exemplifies Dining Services’ Mission of “Creating an Excellent College Experience” as well as our Core Values.
1. Administers all department HR responsibilities, including hiring, training, scheduling, development, discipline, and termination of staff.
2. Makes necessary plans and decisions to ensure future success. This could include: changes to menus or pricing; preparing marketing promotions and advertisement; budgeting; arranging remodels to existing locations or the addition of new locations; and coordinating with USU Athletics, Parking, Police, Fire Marshal, Event Services, and other entities on campus.
3. Anticipates single-event sales up to $50,000. Arranges all staffing and places food/supply orders with various vendors in a timely manner that guarantees fresh products and game day readiness.
4. Arranges contractual agreements between non-profit organizations (NPOs) and sub-contracted vendors. (NPOs make up the majority of staff at major events. Sub-contracted vendors sell food at events under USU Concessions supervision. Financial agreements are reached with both.)
5. Manages all game day Concessions operations. Includes, but is not limited to, giving direction to staff as they arrive; ensuring exemplary operation of all concessions stands; coordinating with all sub-contracted vendors to arrive on time, provide quality food service, and pay commissions to USU Concessions; implementing proper handling and accounting for all cash received during the event.
6. Supervises cleaning, inventorying, stocking, maintenance, inspection, and otherwise preparing concessions stands ahead of and at the close of each event.
-Minimum 5 years of related experience, with 2 of those years Supervisory experience, preferrably in Food Services – ideally in Concessions.
-Ability to manage resources and activities and plan ahead to ensure successful game day operations.
-Ability to manage own time and work as necessary nights, weekends, extra hours based on events.
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
2. Cover letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your application
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
Commensurate with experience with excellent benefits
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.