Sales & Marketing Manager – Odeum Expo Center, Chicagoland
The Odeum Expo Center, a premier multi-purpose facility in the Chicagoland suburbs, is seeking the right candidate for an immediate Sales and Marketing Manager position.
The Odeum Expo Center (www.OdeumExpo.com) is a 130,000 square foot facility that houses a 5,000 seat arena, a 9,000 square foot banquet hall, space for 600 trade show booths, and a sports lounge that seats approximately 150.
The successful candidate must have 3-5 years of industry experience, strong organizational, written and verbal communications skills, as this person will be the direct contact with clients to include contract negotiations, event coordination, and financial settlement.
● Energetic / Aggressive / Self Starter
● Great Organization Skills
● Work Independently as Well as in a Team Environment
● Great Presentation Skills
● General Administrative Duties
● Computer Proficient – Generate Proposals, Correspondence, Databases (Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop, Adobe)
● Great Phone Manner
● Great Public Relations – Able to Generate and Host Site Visits
● Internet Research / Communications
● Visit Shows in Competitor Venues
● Identify Target Market and Bring Business to the Building
● Advertising / Marketing (Budget/Schedules)
● Create, Manage and Maintain Mailing Lists
● Proficient in Event Booking and Contract Negotiation
Primary responsibilities include marketing and sales to identify, solicit, and book trade expositions, corporate and public events, concerts and sporting events.
· Develop thorough understanding of Facility features and Benefits and pricing programs.
– Work with Facility Staff & Management.
– Competitive Information & Research.
· Generate New Business
– Develop, Execute and follow through of Marketing Plans.
– Outside sales to existing Events at other facilities.
– Some trade show attendance.
– Outside sales to corporate market prospects.
· Receive and Maintain Inbound Inquiries
– Handle inbound inquiries via phone and Internet for responses to marketing efforts.
– Send building packets.
– Arrange and host site visits.
– Create Sales files for prospects.
– Generate Client Proposals.
– Work to contract negotiation.
· Upsell Facility Services to Existing Customer Base
– Understanding of services.
– Convention Services / MG Concessions.
· Develop New Marketing Initiatives
– Mailing Lists.
– Social Media
– Web Based Marketing.
– Manage & Follow through the process.
· Sell Through to Target Markets
– Corporate Business.
– Automotive Industry.
– Trade Shows.
– All public assembly markets.
Maintain and Enhance Current Marketing Initiatives:
· Convention Bureau Memberships
– DuPage Convention & Visitors Bureau.
– Meet Chicago Northwest CVB
– Others as deemed necessary
· Chambers of Commerce
– Villa Park Chamber of Commerce
– Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce
– The GOA
– Others as deemed necessary
· Website – www.odeumexpo.com
– Our site has internal e-mail and contact page for inquires.
– Maintenance and updates critical to success. Word Press experience helpful.
· Facility Advertising
· Event Media
· Directory Listings
· Other Marketing
– Referrals from existing or past clients or facility relationships
This position offers a competitive salary.
Submit a letter of application, current resume, references, and salary history to Odeum Expo Center, 1033 N. Villa Avenue, Villa Park, IL 60181, Attn: Jon, 630-832-9183, or E-mail to email@example.com.