Position: Food Service Support
Company: Mile High Flea Market
Location: Henderson, Colorado
Mile High Flea Market, the Rocky Mountain region’s premier outdoor shopping and entertainment destination is seeking Food Service Support personnel to join our team. Mile High Flea Market offers a fun, fast-paced working environment!
This position is responsible for preparing, washing, delivering, and providing support in the food concession department at Mile High Marketplace by performing the following duties.
• Uses fryers, grills, stove tops and other kitchen appliances to prepare food.
• Fills orders supplied by cashiers.
• Prepares all food( e.g. fills nacho trays with chips, toasts bread, places hot dogs in buns, fills burritos, fills salad containers, fills cups with ice for beverages, cuts vegetables, fills condiments, and all other food).
• Cooks all food to the correct temperature and expectations.
• Follows all local and state health regulations.
• Completes opening and closing duties.
• Cleans all necessary machines and tools.
• Uses equipment correctly.
• Cleans, stocks and maintains guest and employee areas.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer service situations; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Team Work- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Written Communication- Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability- Follows instructions; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Attendance/ Punctuality- Is consistently at and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Ethics- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values and supports the organization’s mission statement through words and actions.
• Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Diversity- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Supports a diverse workforce.
• Quality Management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
All resumes should be sent to Veronica@milehighfleamarket.com AND ALL FOOD SERVICE SUPPORT applicants can come into the office Wednesday thru Sunday to complete an application. Ask for Veronica.