Bojangles’ Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium
Who We Are
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority will leverage our hospitality marketing and management expertise to maximize the impact of the Charlotte Region’s economy…creating opportunities and jobs for our community.
The Concessions Manager is responsible for supervising concessions stands, carts and warehouse functions at Bojangles’ Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium ensuring that all operations are carried out successfully. Some additional responsibilities may include functions at other CRVA venues.
Essential Job Duties
· Maintain daily concessions operations – both front of house and back of house, during event and non-event days; including opening /closing of concessions operation, inventory management maintaining health department checklists, maintenance of equipment, and overall policy compliance.
· Maintains communication lines with facility management for effective event planning.
· Maintains optimum standards of sanitation and safety in accordance with all applicable regulations.
· Ensures accuracy and accountability of all cash handling procedures of the food and beverage department.
· Ensures all concession areas have proper displays and merchandise
· Schedules, trains and directs all Concessions and Warehouse staff.
· Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, guests, subcontractors and not-for-profits groups.
· Completes payroll records of department staff.
· Identifies marketing opportunities and develops strategies to achieve greater sales volume.
· Ensures compliance with all NC ABC regulations.
· Ensures adequate levels of product by continual supervision of stock levels.
· Ensures concession stands are set up for each business day.
· Upholds and enforces hospitality standards through daily reminders, training,observation, follow-up; investigates food quality and service complaints.
· Maintains positive client and customer relations.
· Proficient in POS system (Bypass currently) for efficiency and customer service enhancement.
· Develops a highly engaged team and cultivates an employee first culture.
· Prepare various operating and reconciliation reports. Enforce compliance with variance issues and report all to Food & Beverage manager to resolve.
· May perform other duties as required.
· Must be able to work flexible schedule which may consist of nights, weekends and/or holidays.
Scope of Responsibility
· This job has some budgetary responsibilities.
· This job will have periodic access to confidential data including financial statements, company records and/or minutes, customer quotes, and company plans, designs, and programs.
· Manages 6 part-time subordinate supervisors who supervise up to seventy five employees in the Concessions department during events. Is responsible for the overall management, coordination, and evaluation of concession employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite; Food Service equipment; and Two-way radio.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A minimum of 1-3 Years management or supervisory experience preferably in a concession cash sale environment.
· Knowledge and experience with inventory control.
· The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· This incumbent in this job may have occasional travel back and forth to CRVA venues to assist as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.